Palaeography: scripta manent
The transcription of an antique Spanish manuscript to a modern text ensures that the information it contains will endure and is an invaluable aid to the amateur and professional researchers, foundations and public institutions who are the main clients for this service.
Stilogo's Palaeography service provides support to researchers in Spanish philology and social sciences.
A palaeographic study of an old document transforms writing that is difficult to understand into clear text. A specialised abstract situates the document in its historical context and provides relevant or interesting details.
- We offer the palaeographic transcription of documents written in Spanish .
- We write abstracts of transcribed documents.
- This service is available in Spanish for documents written in variations of Spanish, translation into English is available if required.
- Specialised philological transcription
- Basic palaeograohic transcription
- Specialised histórical-linguistic abstract
- Basic palaeographic abstract
A specialised philological transcription respects the spelling, punctuation, and any unusual groupings or separations that appear in the original text.
In a basic palaeographic transcription the document is transcribed and adapted to modern Castilian Spanish, using modern day spelling, accents and punctuation that make it easier for the modern reader to understand.
We specialise in the Kingdom of Aragón, the Kingdom of León, the Royal Chancery of Granada, the Royal Chancery of Valladolid, Privilegio rodado, deeds of sale, Monastery of Sahagún, Carolingian miniscule, Benaventan miniscule, Unical, diplomatic miniscule, Gothic scripts, Visigothic miniscule, rounded Visigothic, cursive Gothic, Chancery hand, letra de Privilegios, English Gothic, Elegant Gothic script, Aragonese Gothic, book hand Gothic, Albalaes script, Cortesana hand, Cortesana-procesal hand, Procesal script, Procesal encadenada, humanistic scripts, bastarda scripts, Spanish bastarda, etc.